The Life of a Single Mom is accepting nominations from now through April 20, 2018 at 12:00am CST for the National Single Mom of the Year Award. This award is designed to honor and recognize the role single mothers have in creating and building the lives of children and successful communities. The goal is to encourage single mothers to build character, courage, and commitment in their homes, while highlighting their commitment to Christ through the journey.
TIME AND PLACE OF AWARD PRESENTATION
The 2018 National S.M.O.T.Y. Award Ceremony will be held Saturday, June 9, 2018 at the National TLSM Single Moms’ Conference at Houston First Baptist in Houtson, TX.
- Nominee must be 18 years or older.
- Nominee must be available to travel to Houston, TX, for awards ceremony.
- Nominee must have contributed to improving the quality of her life and that of her children.
- Nominee should be exemplary – someone who serves as an appropriate role model for people of all ages and backgrounds to emulate Christ.
- Application processing fee must be received for application to be considered complete.
- Honoree agrees to be photographed. Photographs will be used for promotion.
- TLSM assumes no liability in case of injury, inaccurate data retrieval, and applicant releases TLSM from any liability, as such.
- Judging Committee shall be independent and shall not include any TLSM employees or Board Members.
- No TLSM employee or family member shall be considered.
- All identifying information, including but not limited to city, state, name, address etc. will not be available to judging committee, so as not to impact any decisions.
- No refunds shall be issued for nomination fees paid, as 100% of proceeds go directly to fund packages for winner.
- If for any reason the National Single Mom of the Year could not travel the weekend of the awards ceremony, the runner-up would be selected.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Life of a Single Mom Ministries uses the nomination fee to fund this program. Since most nominations are made by family, friends, or co-workers of single mothers, this cost is generally not paid by single mothers themselves, but rather a single mom supporter. The winner receives all-expense paid accommodations, including travel costs, meals, hotel stay at four-star hotel, award, awards ceremony, cash prize, and an additional awards package. Additionally, the top 5 nominees will receive an awards package by mail. While the fee will not fully pay for the event, this helps the organization off-set costs and continue programming for future years, as well as put our operating dollars to use in supporting single mothers in other ways.
If you know more than one single mother who has done an amazing job and has a story worth highlighting, you are very welcome to submit more than one nomination. The judging committee does not know how many nominees any one applicant has submitted, nor does it positively or negatively affect the outcome in any way.
Beyond being able to travel to Houston, TX, the weekend of the awards ceremony to receive her awards package, there are no additional responsibilities for the National Single Mom of the Year. Previous winners have opted to attend other TLSM sponsored events, but there is no requirement of such participation. The National Single Mom of the Year must also sign a waiver to agree to her image and likeness to be utilized in national media venues.
We recognize that single dads who are raising children alone can have amazing stories and many are doing an exemplary job in raising their children. However, in keeping with the primary mission of our organization in seeing no single mom walking alone, this award is designed specifically for single mothers. This does not in any way diminish our support of single fathers or reflect any less significance to their role in children’s’ lives.
- All-inclusive travel accommodations to Houston, TX, for honoree
- Free Entrance to the National TLSM Single Moms’ Conference
- $500 cash Prize
- Formal Press Release
- Photo-shoot with professional makeup and hair services
- Feature on social media
- Single Mom Calm & Quiet Gift Basket
- Formal Award Presentation
- Spa Gift Set
- And more…
NOMINATE A SINGLE MOTHER
You can also download the printable PDF Nomination Form, and email, fax, or mail the form. Contact information is located above.
Mailing Address: The Life of a Single Mom , 11613 Newcastle Avenue, Suite A, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Fax (225) 300-4915
Please note: There is a $10 Processing Fee Per Entry. Please contact us at our office if you would like to submit your nomination through mail by check. Nominations are not considered complete until payment has been received in our office. Please also consider detailing what hardships applicant has faced, how she has overcome, any special accomplishments, and number & ages of children.