Want to start your own Single Moms Group or simply improve an existing program? Check out our resources & quick tips.
Having trouble gaining support from your pastor or church leadership? Don’t know where to start?
Here are some helpful articles on best practices:
Here are some of our most popular articles for ministry leaders & facilitators:
- Planning a Single Moms Event
- Training Volunteers in Single Moms Ministry
- Avoiding Single Mom Ministry Burnout
- Positioning Your Single Moms Ministry for Growth
- Why One-Time Single Parent Events Aren’t Enough
- Debunking Single Parent Ministry Myths
- Single Moms Ministry – The Tough Questions Answered
- When Your Pastor Says No or Wait
Once you’ve got the approval from your leadership team, you are ready to move forward with a launching the support group. The Church and the Single Mom Ministry Training Kit contains best practices, logistics on how to start, practical help on childcare, procuring and training volunteers, and more than a decade of experience put together by our team on how we’ve helped hundreds of churches throughout the U.S. to launch or improve their single moms’ program. The kit includes it is a step-by-step resource packet specifically designed for single moms’ support groups. This will be a resource you’ll refer to time and again over the years.
The kit is designed to equip churches and communities on how to launch a single parent support group from pre-launch to post-launch stage, as well as provide suggestions for improving/restructuring an existing program to gain traction. It is a complete How-To guide with basics on getting started including FAQ’s, Do’s and Dont’s, volunteer development, long-term sustainability, and more.
- A comprehensive 200-page workbook
- Teaching DVD on Frequently Asked Questions by single parent expert Jennifer Maggio
- The Church and the Single Mom books (3 copies)
- 1 Overwhelmed: The Life of a Single Mom book
- Interactive CD’s for customizable print materials to print flyers, cards, and advertising
- Volunteer training
- A free 30-minute phone consultation with The Life of a Single Mom staff
- A handy carrying case with side pockets to keep all your ministry materials together
Some Questions Addressed in our Resource Kit include:
- How do I get started with our single moms support group on little to no budget?
- How do we grow or improve our existing program to reach more single moms?
- Do we even need a single moms’ support group, if we have divorce recovery classes and/or singles ministries?
- What is the difference between a Singles’ Ministry & a Single Moms’ Ministry?
- How do we recruit and train volunteers?
- What if we are on a shoestring budget? Can we do this?
- How should the ministry be set-up, frequency of meetings, etc.?
Once you have gained approval from your pastoral team and learned how to launch your program with the ministry kid, you must decide on teaching material for your support group. Teaching material will be very important for the health of your group. An in-depth study into the book of Revelation or the latest-greatest Christian author’s book may not resonate with your single moms’ group, as much as single mom-specific curriculum will. Meeting your single moms where they are in their life’s journey will be helpful in gaining their trust and increasing the likelihood of them staying planted in the group long-term. There are 3 areas that every single mom will struggle with during the course of her single parenting journey, regardless of age or story. They include: Parenting, Finances, and Emotional/Spiritual Health. We recommend starting with our book, Overwhelmed: The Life of a Single Mom. This book covers an overview of all the critical areas a single mom will face: parenting, financial health, emotional healing, transitioning well, and more. It includes a 12-part participant’s guide and leader’s guide. This is the perfect way to begin your ministry and a great introduction to who we are. In addition, we offer other single mom studies: Peace and the Single Mom and Kids and the Single Mom. These books, likewise, include a participant’s guide and leader’s guide. For more information or to purchase, visit HERE.
**** Bulk teaching materials can be discounted. Contact email@example.com for more information.
If you prefer an electronic version of curriculum (similar to follow-along DVDs and study guides), then you’ll love Single Mom University! Single Mom University includes 100+ classes in critical areas of parenting, finances, and health & wellness. There’s even a Ministry Leaders’ Track for you! This online life skills classroom includes coursework such as: Co-Parenting, Battling Busyness, Overcoming Abuse, The Top 25 Ways to Save Money, and many, many more. Simply log into the university, play the selected course and use the quiz as a guideline for discussion questions. There’s even homework and additional resources for each class! Learn more HERE.
For ongoing support, visit our Ministry Leader’s Help page often. You’ll find helpful tips on growing your group, battling burnout, planning single moms’ events, and more.