Want to start your own Single Moms Group or simply improve an existing program? Check out our resources & quick tips.
Having trouble gaining support from your pastor or church leadership? Here are some helpful hints:
Here are some of our most popular articles for ministry leaders & facilitators:
- Planning a Single Moms Event
- Training Volunteers in Single Moms Ministry
- Avoiding Single Mom Ministry Burnout
- Positioning Your Single Moms Ministry for Growth
- Why One-Time Single Parent Events Aren’t Enough
- Debunking Single Parent Ministry Myths
- Single Moms Ministry – The Tough Questions Answered
- When Your Pastor Says No or Wait
Download our Free PDF on How To Start Your Support Group.
The kit is designed to equip churches and communities on how to launch a single parent support group from pre-launch to post-launch stage, as well as provide suggestions for improving an existing program. It is a complete How-To guide with basics on getting started including FAQ’s, Do’s and Dont’s, volunteer development, long-term sustainability, and more.
- A comprehensive 200-page workbook
- Teaching DVD by single parent expert Jennifer Maggio
- The Church and the Single Mom books (4)
- Interactive CD’s for customizable print materials
- Volunteer training
- A free 30-minute phone consultation with The Life of a Single Mom staff
Some Questions Addressed in our Resource Kit include:
- How do I get started with our single moms support group?
- How do we grow or improve our existing program?
- Do we need a single moms’ support group, if we have divorce recovery classes and/or singles ministries?
- What is the difference between a Singles’ Ministry & a Single Moms’ Ministry?
- How do we recruit and train volunteers?
- What if we are on a shoestring budget? Can we do this?
Once you have learned how to launch your program, you must decide on teaching material for your support group. We recommend starting with Overwhelmed: The Life of a Single Mom. This book covers parenting, budgeting, emotional healing, and more. It includes a 12-part participant’s guide and leader’s guide. This is the perfect way to begin your ministry. It is also a great overview on all areas that most single moms struggle with at one time or another.
We also offer a number of other group study materials including: Overwhelmed, Peace and the Single Mom, and Kids and the Single Mom.
For a full list of Individual and Group Study teaching materials available through The Life of a Single Mom Ministries, visit HERE.
**** Bulk teaching materials can be discounted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.