The Life of a Single Mom is a national, faith-based, nonprofit that exists to see that no single mom walks alone. Over the last decade, the organization has served more than 200,000 women and children and worked with 1,500 churches and community groups to establish single mother’s groups in varying communities. Over the last 24 months, the organization’s staff has doubled.
As a rapidly growing organization, we are always looking for talented, high-capacity, individuals with a strong character and desire to serve single mothers.
Details on current job openings and how to apply are below. All positions require applicants to live or being willing to move to Louisiana. (VISTAs do not need to reside in Baton Rouge, rather somewhere in the state. Operations Manager is required to live in Baton Rouge).
Current Job Openings Include:
Operations Manager – This position holds title of second in command for a national organization. Ideal applicants will have a minimum Bachelor’s Degree or work experience in business management and strong experience in business management. Further, applicant should have strong written and verbal communication skills, management experience, and be of high integrity and character.
- Recruit, hire, and train staff
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Review & Oversight of the organization, e.g. Profit & Loss, Grant Management, Accounts Payable/Receivable, and Cash Flow Analysis
- Project Management
- Relationship-Building among stakeholders, including churches, donors, volunteer & community groups, and more
- Public speaking
Benefits include: 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, and additional insurance coverages, such as cancer and disability policies. Time off to include major holidays, extended holiday time off, and a generous time off schedule.
AmeriCorps VISTA positions:
AmeriCorps was implemented in 1965 to eradicate poverty in the United States by providing full-time volunteer opportunities to U.S. citizens and disseminating them to organizations to implement service projects for 365 days. VISTAs receive a living stipend each month, health coverage, childcare assistance, and their choice of a year-end education award (approximately $6,000) or cash award (approximately $1,500).
Duties will vary, but include implementing sustainability measures for the agency:
- Volunteer recruitment, training, and engagement
- Grant research & writing
- Evaluation of systems & processes within organization to implement changes & improvement
- Social media enhancement to grow organizations
- Donor relations, including phase implementation
- And more.
All interested applicants are to email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter stating salary requirements, position interested in, and why you desire to join The Life of a Single Mom team
No phone calls, please.