- 1 in 2 babies are born outside marriage today in the U.S?
- Every day, 1,000 teenagers become single moms?
- 78% of our current prison population was raised by a single mom?
- The child of a single mom is 5x more likely to commit suicide?
- 2 out of 3 single moms do not attend a local church?
- A single mom is 4 times more likely to attend church when a single moms’ program already exists?
The Life of a Single Mom Ministries exists to see that no single mom walks alone. We exist to encourage, equip, empower, and educate single-parent families that there is a God who loves them and that our God is far bigger than any statistic. God has a plan for their lives. They can do all things through Christ who strengthens them. They have gifts, talents, and abilities, given to them by the Creator of Heaven and Earth and no past defines their future.
Today is the 4th Annual National TLSM Day! What is National TLSM Day? National TLSM Day is a 24-hour initiative where friends of our organization help us spread the word through social media, emails, texts, and word of mouth about the challenges that single parents face, as well as what our organization is doing to help. Our goal is to touch 100,000 people today with our initiative. This is a goal accomplished only with your help.
This year, The Life of a Single Mom Ministries is also performing random acts of kindness all over the country for single moms. Will you join us? Serve a single mom in your city!
- Send a single mom flowers.
- Buy take-out and bring it to her home this afternoon.
- Cut her grass.
- Buy her a special gift basket.
- Babysit her kids tonight.
- Surprise her with a pedicure.
- Pay her utility bill.
- Buy her groceries this week and drop them at her front door.
- Send her a sweet text.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Because sometimes single moms feel they are alone. They feel alienated from a local church. We want to raise awareness, give a voice, and honor those churches that are stepping up to the plate!
Help us celebrate this special day by getting on social media, sending emails, texts, blogs, and making calls.
Also, consider donating $10 to transform a single parent’s life.
Suggested Social Media Mentions:
Did you know single parents are some of the hardest-working people on the planet? #happtlsmday #nosinglemomwalksalone
Did you know 2 out of 3 single moms don’t go to church? Do something. #happytlsmday #nosinglemomwalksalone
Happy National TLSM Day! Wanna know more? Visit www.thelifeofasinglemom.com.
Happy National TLSM Day! Bless a single mom. Raise awareness. Join the fight! www.thelifeofasinglemom.com
The Life of a Single Mom Ministries is a global nonprofit that has worked with more than 1200 churches in 19 countries to see that no single parent walks alone. They are the nation’s fastest growing nonprofit committed to seeing every single parent connected to a local church, while assisting churches in single parent ministry and outreach efforts.